Well it sure has been awhile since I have written anything here. We have been busy. Im sure after you read this you will understand why.
I have had a lot on my mind the past few days. As Danielle and I are gravitating slowly towards making the leap and purchasing our own home, again I am forced to get perspective on many things. My income is low. I make roughly $18,000 a year. Which isn't terrible, but it isnt enough to live anywhere near comfortably in our own house. We spoke with a financial advisor last night, and he said a few things that I knew, but never really acknowledged. I am working for a decent company, but I am a temporary agent. That needs to change. I could lose my job at the drop of a hat. That is not safe for my family at all. My first step, then would be to get hired on at Pace permanantly. That's all well and good, but that doesn't increase my salary at all.
This is where the struggle really comes in. I am interested in the IT industry. I think its great and it probably is going to be viable income for a long time. However, I have a passion for music. Until recently I had been ignoring it, and then a good friend of mine started looking for work as a worship leader. I haven't stopped thinking about doing that myself ever since. I dont know how stable the income would be, I dont know what it would provide for our family, I DO know that God will always provide for His people, but where do I start? I have no career path in mind at all. I am just going one step at a time. That is hardly a good plan.
All I can say is, I have no idea what the future will bring. I am praying about it alot. Will I stay in the IT industry? If so where will i go from where I am? Will I make a change and go into full time ministry? Or is there yet some other path the Lord has yet to reveal to me? Lord, guide my steps.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I so appreciate your posts:-) Don't forget you are a gifted writer and your wife is a gifted photographer as well.........music, writing, photography, heart for the Lord....maybe the IT is part of the equation ....a vehicle....a tool...onward and upward:-)
ReplyDelete